Satellite Invests in Technology That Improves Patient Outcomes and Clinical Efficiency
The effective use of advanced information technologies helps us maximize clinician-patient interaction and increase favorable patient outcomes. Year after year, Satellite Healthcare invests significant resources to advance our information systems and technology tools.
These tools help centers run efficiently and allow staff to dedicate more time to patients and their needs.
- SPIN Center™. Our proprietary clinical information software minimizes administrative tasks so more time can be dedicated to direct patient care. This application guides our workflow, facilitates documentation, interfaces with our lab, and provides robust reporting capabilities. It also has helped us successfully fulfill CMS-mandated outcome monitoring and reporting as well as comply with Conditions for Coverage and more recent MIPPA requirements.
- SPIN-MD®/SPIN-MD Mobile®. These applications connect our physicians, medical directors, case managers and physician office staff to Satellite patient information from any Internet connection as well as from smart phones and tablets. They help us stay connected with our physician partners and ensures timely coordination of patient care.
- SPIN Station™. Used in our Satellite Dialysis centers, this chair-side application facilitates real-time data entry with individual computer modules and touch screens at each machine. A bar code scanner tracks staff-specific delivery of care and enhances patient safety with the scanning of dialyzer and medication bar codes. The machine interface allows automatic upload of patient and treatment information without manual data entry.
- SPIN Data Warehouse. This clinical data repository protects and manages the ever-expanding volume of patient- and treatment-related data resulting from growth, research and outcomes monitoring. The warehouse allows us to store, correlate and retrieve data for a multitude of uses – from establishing best practices to complying with oversight requirements.
- Patient Care Tools. Our development team has incorporated many tools to facilitate patient-specific nutrition, medical and dialysis treatment care plans. These include computerized decision-support applications to help professionals develop dialysis prescriptions tailored to a patient’s body size, composition and residual urine output. The Anemia Management Program (AMPS) provides clinicians with comprehensive, at-a-glance anemia-related laboratory data, historical medication data, and protocol-generated recommendations to ensure appropriate and efficient use of Erythropoietic Stimulating Agents (ESA) and iron. Other care maps and protocols are also supported by our computerized clinical system, ensuring efficient use of resources, minimizing medical error risk and maximizing patient safety and positive outcomes.
For more information, contact Info@SatelliteHealth.com.